Positive attitude is must: There’s is nothing more powerful than right attitude which comes from self-motivation. You cannot control or choose your circumstance, but can maintain your attitude towards your own circumstances.
Steps of self-motivation
I enjoyed many different articles but was not satisfied by them. Then i thought it can be used to give some definition when it comes to build a continuous drive of motivation. Here is the list:
- Start it simple. Keep motivators around you and your work area – things that give you happiness and initial spark to get going on your way.
- Keep learning. Read different articles, books etc and try to take in everything possible you can. The more you learn, the more confident you become for your work.
- Keep your company good. Make your regular conversation with positive and motivated people. This can be very simple as you can chat with peers or make a quick discussion with you friend who likes to share different ideas and make you motivated.
- Stop thinking. Just do it. If you find motivation for some particular project lacking, try getting it started on something else. Something trivial even more, then you’ll be able to develop the momentum to begin more important stuff.
- Stay Positive. See good in bad. When you encounter obstacles, you want to be in the habit of finding what works to get over them.
- Know yourself. Keep your notes on when your motivation sucks and when you feel like a superstar. There is a pattern that, once you are aware of, you can work around on that to develop and grow.
- Track progress. Keep a progress bar or notes for ongoing works. When you see something growing you will always be motivated by it and you will always want to nurture it.
- Help others. Share your ideas and help friends to get motivated for their work. Seeing others do well will motivate you to do the same.
What you will see which happens here is you which will gradually develop and grow certain skills that become motivational habits in future.